About 20 students at a school in Thailand’s Samut Prakan province have been rushed to hospitals with symptoms associated with food poisoning.
The school, located on Soi Suksawat 8, was holding held a “pre-Children’s Day” celebration today (Friday), with several parents bringing food to the school for free distribution to students.
At about 10am, six young students fell sick, experiencing stomach aches, dizziness and vomiting, prompting the school’s administrator to alert the emergency services. An ambulance and medics rushed to the school.
Soon, more students began to suffer from similar symptoms and all were taken to nearby hospitals.
A school official said that it is not yet known which food was the source of the outbreak
There are about 800 students at the school and most were unaffected.
Parents were eventually asked to take their children home.
Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service