The Association of Southeast Asian Nations on Tuesday “strongly” condemned the bombing at the Erawan Shrine last week that killed 20 people and injured 131.
“Asean strongly condemns the bombing as it had in the past condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever it is committed,” the 10-member organisation said in a statement released by Malaysia.
The statement was issued after the blast on Aug 17, with Asean renewing its call to step up fights against terrorism along side other countries.
The Southeast Asian bloc vowed to back the government to find the bomber and expressed its sympathies to the kingdom and the families of the victims.
The bomb injured 131 persons, 41 of whom remain in hospitals, the Erawan Centre said in an update on Tuesday.
Six Thais, and five Malaysian and five Chinese tourists were among those killed by the blast.