— Register by January 23 at Midnight EST to Save $200 on Black Hat’s Prestigious Information Security Briefings in Singapore, March 24-27, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Black Hat, the world’s leading family of information security events, announced the blockbuster lineup of selected content for Black Hat Asia 2015. Returning to Singapore with the world’s brightest information security professionals and researchers, Black Hat speakers will unveil vulnerabilities that impact everything from major browsers and automobiles, to international payment systems, popular mobile devices and everything in between. Black Hat Asia will take place March 24-27, 2015 at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. For more information and to take advantage of early registration prices by January 23 please visit: blackhat.com/asia-15/.
Some of the highlights of the Black Hat Asia 2015 lineup include:
- Releasing a tool to hack popular car models called the CANard, which allows attackers to work with the Controller Area Network (CAN) – the main form of networking used in the automotive industry
- Exposing flaws in all five mainstream browsers, such as leakage channels in the most popular geo-location tools that allow an attacker to find users’ whereabouts as well as other weaknesses that compromise confidentiality altogether
- Revealing international payment system vulnerabilities, from analyzing the Point of Sale (POS) malwares that caused some of the year’s largest breaches, to identifying dangerous holes in EMV contactless and mobile banking payment models
To see the full program lineup and read all of the presentation abstracts, visit: blackhat.com/asia-15/briefings.html.
Black Hat Trainings
These world class Briefings will come after two days of high intensity and deeply technical Training courses taught by the industry’s most renowned instructors. These separate technical deep-dives will cover topics ranging from the latest in penetration testing to breaking mobile apps, hacking popular web applications and delving into reverse engineering for intelligence analysis. For information on course pricing and registration, please check the individual Training pages here: blackhat.com/asia-15/training/.
Sponsor Black Hat Asia
Sponsors of Black Hat Asia 2015 include Diamond Sponsor: Cisco; Platinum Sponsor: Qualys; and Gold Sponsors: Checkmarx, Rapid7 and Tripwire. For more information on sponsorship opportunities and to see the full list of participating companies, visit: blackhat.com/asia-15/sponsors.html.
For more information and to register before early registration pricing ends January 23, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-15/.
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Asia 2015, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 24-27, 2015
- Black Hat Mobile Security Summit London 2015, ExCel London, London, UK, June 16-18, 2015
- Black Hat USA 2015, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 1-6, 2015
- Black Hat Europe 2015, Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NL, November 10-13, 2015
Connect with Black Hat
- Twitter: twitter.com/BlackHatEvents– hashtag #BlackHat
- Facebook: facebook.com/blackhat
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=37658
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/blackhatevents/
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: http://www.blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world’s technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech’s community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, and Game and App Developers communities. UBM Tech’s brands include Black Hat, Dark Reading, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), GTEC, HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.