- From July 15th, Thai people can apply for a Government subsidy, to cover part of their hotel and food expenses for travel out of their home provinces, under the “Rao Thieu Duaykan” (We Tour Together) program, created to boost a domestic tourism industry hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- About 22.4 billion baht will be used to fund the program, which runs from July to October, 2020.
- The money will subsidize five million hotel nights, with the taxpayer covering 40% of up to 3,000 baht per night hotel rates, two million air tickets and food and travel expenses for five million claimants.
- Those interested in the program can participate through the Pao Tang app, starting on July 15th, while tourism operators can join the program now.
- To join the program, you must be a Thai national, aged at least 18 on the day of application.
- The “We Tour Together “ program is separate from a similar scheme, also endorsed by the Government, called “Thieu Pan Sook” (Tour to Share Happiness), which is aimed at rewarding 1.2 million medical personnel and public health volunteers engaged in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic, and the revival of the tourism industry.
- Each will be provided with 2,000 baht, to cover their travel expenses for two days and one night. The program will cost about two billion baht.
Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)