- On the 8th of June 2020, seven new cases of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were reported by the Ministry of Public Health, bringing the total number of cases to 3,119.
- Of these, about 95% (2,973) have recovered, 2% (58) have died, and 3% (88) are receiving treatment.
- The new cases are all Thai nationals in State Quarantine after being repatriated from Pakistan (2), the United Arab Emirate (UAE) (4) and the United States of America (USA) (1).
- No new deaths were reported today.
- In the past two weeks, all COVID-19 cases detected in Thailand have been in repatriated Thai nationals (there have been no reported cases due to local transmission).
- Today, there are three repatriation flights landing in Thailand from Oman (214 passengers), Taiwan (99) and USA via South Korea (191). Tomorrow there are five repatriation flights.
- By 5th June more than 468,000 tests for COVID-19 had been performed by state and private laboratories, including screening of medical professionals and vulnerable population groups including the elderly and migrants.
Source: World Health Organization