Thousands of buyers are expected to meet their sourcing needs at the largest Asia products exhibition in South America
SAO PAULO, August 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL) opened its third annual China Sourcing Fair in Brazil today with a large mix of professional buyers expected to attend. The Fair, which runs Aug. 11-13 at the Imigrantes Exhibition Center in Sao Paulo, features hundreds of booths of high-quality consumer products from Greater China and Indian manufacturers, making it South America’s largest trade show for Asian goods.
Comprised of four different product areas for electronics, gifts & premiums, hardware & building materials and garments & textiles, the China Sourcing Fair offers a unique opportunity for suppliers from Greater China to meet face-to-face with buyers from Latin and South America.
Trade between China and Brazil soared to $83.3 billion last year, up from $3.2 billion in 2002, making China the largest trade partner for Brazil. Tommy Wong, President of Global Sources Exhibitions, feels that China Sourcing Fair has an important role to play in this powerful trade dynamic. He said: “This is the third year for our show in Sao Paulo, we have been able to understand greatly the types of products that are appropriate for the Brazilian and South American markets. Our suppliers, nearly 60 percent of whom are seeking local representation in Brazil, are exhibiting new products that the market demands.”
The China Sourcing Fair event is designed to provide greater sourcing and business opportunities for local importers, retailers and distributors, as many of these products are not currently manufactured in Brazil. Wong points out that China Sourcing Fair offers domestic companies with the opportunity for exclusive distribution rights for products not currently available in Brazil.
Officially opening the shows today were:
- Yu Yong, Commercial Counselor, Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Cai Fang Ming, Investigator Researcher, Department of Commerce of Jiangxi Province, the People’s Republic of China
- Cui Xiang Yong, Vice Director of Exhibition Department, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Hebei Sub-council
- Luigi Nesse, President, National Confederation of Fair Services, Brazil
- Jooji Hato, Congressman, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
- Pedro D’Alessio, Director, Sao Paulo Events and Tourism Company, Brazil
- Atul Kumar Gupta, Chairman, The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council
- George Hato, City Councilor, Municipal Government of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Peter Jung, Executive Director, Milton Exhibits Group Limited
- Tommy Wong, President, Global Sources Exhibitions
China Sourcing Fair is well supported by a number of mainland China provincial and municipal organizations and other associations, which include:
- Department of Commerce of Jiangxi Province
- Department of Commerce of Hunan Province
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Tianjin Sub-council
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Hebei Sub-council
- Zhongshan Bureau of Foreign Trade & Economic Cooperation
- The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council
- Sao Paulo Chamber of Commerce
- The Brazil-China Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIBC)
- The Brazilian Council for Import and Export Companies (CECIEx)
The event in Sao Paulo features a number of on-site value-added services for buyers, including:
- A Product Showcase displaying hundreds of innovative items from suppliers who could not attend the show in-person. This showcase effectively multiplies sourcing options for attending buyers.
- An “Olympics Showcase” promoting products that may be appropriate for the up-coming 2016 Olympics. This new and unique service allows buyers to stay one step ahead and to start sourcing for this global sports event before it comes to Brazil.
- A Buyers’ Lounge with free Internet access and free Global Sources Show Guide Magazines.
The China Sourcing Fair in Brazil is managed by Milton Exhibits under license from Global Sources. For more information, please visit: http://www.chinasourcingfair.com/brazil (in English) and http://www.chinasourcingfair.com/brasil (in Portuguese).
More information about Global Sources is available on the company’s corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), print and digital magazines, sourcing research reports, private sourcing events, and trade shows.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world’s top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Global Sources’ other businesses provide Chinese-language media to companies selling to and within Greater China. These services include online web sites, print and digital magazines, seminars and trade shows. In mainland China, Global Sources has a network of more than 30 office locations and a community of more than 5 million registered online users and magazine readers of its Chinese-language media.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
Press Contact in Asia
Investor Contact in Asia
Tel: (852) 2555-5021
Tel: (852) 2555-4747
Press Contact in U.S.
Investor Contact in U.S.
Tel: (1-480) 664-8309
Tel: (1-415) 433-3777