AMSTERDAM, Sept. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Huawei today launched their innovative IP VIDEO Solution 2.0 at International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) 2014 in Amsterdam. The new solution uniquely integrates diverse features and new user experience to improve video business platform facilitation from IPTV to Video Everywhere and that innovative platform is part of Huawei video everywhere strategy which enables video@home, video@move and video@enterprise as well. Huawei envisions a video ecosystem, where videos become integral to our lives and work.
The new solution is empowered by cloud technology and provides disruptive new user experience named video magazine with supporting 4K and eMBMS over LTE on one convergent platform. And it brings 5 key values for the operators:
- Convergent+: Facilitates one convergent platform with seamless support of IPTV, OTT, DVB (over Cable, Satellite or Terrestrial), Evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast (eMBMS) Service which help operators to provide video across multi-networks.
- Connect+: Supports innovative cloud based multi-screen solutions to synergize fixed and mobile networks, which omits the need to change or modify home networking when supporting multi-screen services. And provides open API and application Software Development Kit (SDK) to help operator build an open echo-system.
- Content+: Enables rich content by fully supporting 4K, and Over the Top content aggregation which can be easier to do collaboration with OTT player in the Business to Business model.
- Efficiency Improvement: Provides Service Quality Management tools based on big data technology to significantly improve operation efficiency for operators.
- New business model support: Supports multi-tenant operations. Based on platform as service each tenant is able to create product packages and individual solutions for EPG UI, language, currency, time zone and a Digital Rights Management system.
Huawei envisions a video ecosystem, where videos become integral to our lives and work. It is expected that during the next few years, over 80 percent of total internet traffic will be in video format. Huawei is the #1 market leader for IP Video solutions. With over 54 commercial deployments worldwide and 29 million subscribers (as at August 2014), Huawei is actively developing cloud based IP video solutions to support multi-screen use, create an innovative user experience and new service applications which will add value for operators.
First held in 1967, IBC 2014 is the essential global meeting place for everyone engaged in creating, managing and delivering the future of electronic media and entertainment technology and content.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider with the vision to enrich life through communication. Driven by customer-centric innovation and open partnerships, Huawei has established an end-to-end ICT solutions portfolio that gives customers competitive advantages in telecom and enterprise networks, devices and cloud computing. Huawei’s 150,000 employees worldwide are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers. Our innovative ICT solutions, products and services have been deployed in over 170 countries and regions, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
For more information, please visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com or follow us on: