MediaTek Cloud Sandbox accelerates device prototyping by offering developers a complimentary cloud service to host prototype-device data
BARCELONA, Spain, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — MediaTek Labs, today announced general availability of its new Cloud Sandbox data platform to better help developers bring their ideas to life for the Internet of Things (IoT). The new service, which is free to all registered MediaTek Labs members globally, offers convenient storage of and access to data from wearable and IoT devices during prototyping.
"MediaTek recognizes the importance of a cloud-based IoT platform and playground to service developers and makers who are prototyping wearable or IoT devices," said Marc Naddell, VP of MediaTek Labs. "With this complimentary offering from MediaTek Labs, IoT developers no longer need to set up and manage their own web server or source third-party cloud platform services. Instead they can focus on their IoT device prototyping and value proposition, accelerating the time from solution ideation to prototype and proof-of-concept."
A considerable challenge for developers in the early stages of device creation is not only the management of large amounts of data but also a convenient and simple way to visualize the data and demo prototypes to collaborators. MediaTek Cloud Sandbox helps solve this with a variety of invaluable features, including:
- Data storage and visual charting
- Data monitoring with notifications
- Device remote control
- Firmware upgrades over-the-air (FOTA)
- RESTful API support, TCP socket connection
- Web or mobile app based access
MediaTek Cloud Sandbox (MCS) will be on display in MediaTek’s booth at Mobile World Congress – Hall 6, Stand 6E21 – with three compelling demonstrations, including:
- Wine Brewer – A MediaTek LinkIt™ ONE development board implementation that won first prize in ITRI Mobilehero 2014 competition in Taiwan.
- Weather Station – A LinkIt ONE development board implementation that gathers and pushes real-time temperature, humidity and pressure data to MCS, and is able to have its fan controlled from MCS and the MCS companion mobile app.
- MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 demo – A LinkIt Connect 7681 development board implementation and its companion mobile app to demonstrate real-time LED color control.
MediaTek Labs was launched in September 2014 and continues to provide developers, makers and service providers with SDKs, HDKs and documentation, as well as technical and business support. To learn more about MediaTek Cloud Sandbox and get access , visit http://labs.mediatek.com/mcs .
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek is a pioneering fabless semiconductor company, and a market leader in cutting-edge Systems on Chip for wireless communications and connectivity, HDTV, DVD and Blu-ray. MediaTek created the world’s first True Octa-core™ smartphone platform with LTE and our CorePilot® technology releasing the full power of multi-core mobile processors. Through MediaTek Labs, the company is creating a worldwide ecosystem in support of device creation, application development and services based around MediaTek offerings. With an emphasis on enabling technology for the masses and not the chosen, everyone can be an Everyday Genius®. MediaTek [TSE: 2454] is headquartered in Taiwan and has offices worldwide. Please visit www.mediatek.com for more information.
MediaTek Press Office:
Kristin Taylor, MediaTek Inc.
2860 Junction Ave, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
Joey Lee, MediaTek Inc.
+886-3-567-0766 # 31602
No. 1, Dusing 1st Rd., Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu City 30078, Taiwan