Home, Automotive and Office themes are new to Asia’s No. 1 consumer electronics show
HONG KONG, October 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Global Sources‘ (NASDAQ: GSOL) China Sourcing Fair‘s fall electronics show opened today and is one of the most highly anticipated events in the sourcing calendar of international buyers. The 2014 fall edition raises the bar for quality sourcing even higher by providing a selection of the latest consumer electronics and more in 3,700 booths hosted by suppliers from Greater China, Korea and nine other countries — most of whom are private manufacturers and 90 percent of them are exhibiting exclusively at China Sourcing Fair.
Running Oct. 11-14, 2014, at AsiaWorld-Expo, the event comprises three co-located shows: Global Sources Electronics & Components Fair, China Sourcing Fair: Security Products, and the Korea Sourcing Fair: Electronics & Components.
Mastering the future of electronics
“Future development in the consumer electronics industry will be focusing on home, automotive and office,” explained Tommy Wong, President of Global Sources Exhibitions. “The advancement of technology in these core areas will help connect people and make their lives more convenient, healthy and enjoyable. In adopting these new themes for our Electronics & Components show, we are leading the way in providing buyers with the products and intelligence they need to serve their customers.”
Industry study estimated that connected-home device sales will reach US$61 billion in revenue in 2014. Similarly, the global market for automotive electronics is projected to grow at a rate of 7.3 percent to reach US$314.4 billion by 2020.
“Products like digital health and fitness, digital imaging and accessories, electronics gaming and accessories, car safety and security products, and smart home products will all be featured at the show to provide buyers a convenient platform accessing to all related products under one roof,” Wong said.
In addition, the show will host Asia’s largest pavilion for in-car electronics and GPS, Hong Kong’s largest selection of computer systems and peripherals, and an all-new pavilion for home electronics.
The Korea Sourcing Fair will echo the consumer electronics themes featuring Korean-made innovative products. The Security Products show, meanwhile, will provide many smart-home offerings at its 340 booths, making it Asia’s premiere security products sourcing event.
Big-name global buyers expected to attend include Amazon, Auchan, eBay, Foxconn, Fujitsu, Galaxy Entertainment Group, Hitachi Maxwell Global, HTC, Hyundai, Intel China, Intelbras, Li & Fung, Logitech, Mitsubishi Motors, Motorola, NTT Docomo, Panasonic, Samsung, Softbank, Tesco, The Home Depot, Toshiba, Woolworths, ZTE, and many more.
Value-added services to enhance buyer and supplier efficiency
In addition to the rich array of product offerings, a number of value-added services are provided on-site:
- New “Buyer Data Management System” enhances the efficiency of on-site buyer registration.
- Pioneered “Lead Management System” provides exhibitors a unique sales leads management tool for post-show follow up.
- Comprehensive conference programs featuring standard-setting guests from Intel China and the Consumer Electronics Association.
- An exclusive presentation titled “Connected Cars: The Future of Mobility” co-organized with Hong Kong Consumer Electronics Alliance.
- Product Showcase facilitating non-exhibiting suppliers to feature their latest products which generate sales enquiries and increase business opportunities.
- Private Sourcing Events that allow pre-selected exhibitors exclusive opportunities to meet large global companies in private. Twelve sourcing teams from buyers including Amazon, Binatole Global, Conrad Electronics, DNS Shop, DR4, Embraco, EuropeNet, GM Electronic, Intelbras, Royal Island and Valore are scheduled to participate, representing combined annual sales of more than US$77 billion.
- VIP buyer office suites providing selected buyers with on-site office facilities for higher efficiency during their souring trips.
- Smart wristbands that access premium fair services for exclusive VIP buyers.
Opening times for the fairs are:
- Oct. 11-13 from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
More information can be found at the China Sourcing Fair website: http://www.chinasourcingfair.com
More information about Global Sources is available on the company’s corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), print and digital magazines, sourcing research reports, private sourcing events, and trade shows.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world’s top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Global Sources’ other businesses provide Chinese-language media to companies selling to and within Greater China. These services include online web sites, print and digital magazines, seminars and trade shows. In mainland China, Global Sources has a network of more than 30 office locations and a community of more than 5 million registered online users and magazine readers of its Chinese-language media.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
Press Contact in Asia
Investor Contact in Asia
Tel: (852) 2555-5021
Tel: (852) 2555-4747
Press Contact in U.S.
Investor Contact in U.S.
Tel: (1-480) 664-8309
Tel: (1-415) 433-3777