A & O June sales (units)
* Please note June 2014 sales numbers are rounded to the last digit. Additionally, Nissan’s Asia and Oceania region does not include Japan, mainland China and India.
HONG KONG, July 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Nissan announced today total Asia and Oceania sales for June of 23,110 units, a 13.7 percent decline from a year earlier.
- Nissan market share grew 1.6 percent in Thailand versus prior year amid slowing domestic demand. Thailand remains a key strategic market for Nissan and the all-new NP300 Navara, the first global premiere model in the country, has already garnered much positive feedback.
- Navara (2,280 units) and Dualis (1,630 units) continued to push sales in Australia.
- Sales in other A&O markets have shown robust growth:
- Korea set a second-best historical monthly sales record, with a 196 percent increase compared to last year, thanks to the strong momentum of Altima and Infiniti Q50.
- Singapore gained 119 percent year-on-year growth with the popular LCV line-up of Urvan, Cabstar and NV200.
- Hong Kong reported a 31 percent rise over last year, driven by Serena and Elgrand.
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 244,500 employees globally, Nissan sold almost 5.2 million vehicles and generated revenue of 10.5 trillion yen (USD 105 billion) in fiscal 2013. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In 2010, Nissan introduced the Nissan LEAF, and continues to lead in zero-emission mobility. The LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle launched globally, is now the best-selling EV in history with almost 50 percent share of the zero-emission vehicle segment.
Nissan Global Co., Ltd.
Communications – China, Asia and Oceania
34/F, Citibank Tower, No. 3 Garden Road, Hong Kong