– New Embedded Mini-ITX Motherboards, Servers and MicroBlade Optimized for Hyperscale Workloads in Data Center and Cloud Environments Offer Best Performance per Watt Featuring 64-bit, 45W 8-Core Processors and Integrated 10GbE
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing launched a new class of low-power, high density server solutions today, optimized for Embedded and hyperscale workloads in Data Center and Cloud environments. The new solutions are available in a growing line of single processor (UP) motherboards, 1U and Mini-Tower server for Embedded, Network Communication/Security applications and coming high density 6U 56-node MicroBlade microserver for hyperscale environments. Key features include support for 64-bit Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 SoC with 8 cores up to 45W, 128GB memory support and built in 10GbE.
"Supermicro is driving our Green Computing solutions into all market segments, and our new high density server and storage solutions address growing demands for energy efficiency in Data Center and Cloud environments," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "With low power consumption, integrated 10GbE and a variety of form factors from 1U short-depth servers to mini-tower and MicroBlade, customers have even more options to attain best performance per watt, per dollar across a wide range of Embedded and Hyperscale workloads and environments."
"The Intel Xeon Processor D-1500 product family offers advanced technology in a highly cost-effective package," said Lisa Spelman, General Manager of Intel’s Datacenter Products Group. "Utilizing Intel’s 14nm process technology, the new Broadwell-DE SoC features a 64-bit architecture with up to 8 cores running under 45W. With experienced partners such as Supermicro developing high density platforms for our new processor family, customers will have a wide range of solutions that deliver performance within budgetary constraints."
- X10SDV-F/-TLN4F – Mini-ITX Motherboard (6.7" x 6.7") supports single Intel® Xeon® processor D-1540 SoC (8 core, 45W), VT-d/x, TXT, AES-NI, SR-IOV, Xeon RAS, built in 10GbE. 128GB 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM or 64GB UDIMM in 4x DIMMs, 6x SATA 3.0, 1x M.2 slot (M key for SSD, 2242/2280, PCIe3.0 x4), 2x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, 1x PCIe 3.0 x16, Quad LAN ports with SoC dual 10GbE and I350-AM2 dual GbE (-F with dual GbE only), IPMI 2.0 with KVM and dedicated port, 0-60°C operating temperature, 4 pin 12V DC and ATX power source
- SYS-5018D-FN4T – Cost effective Embedded server solution for Network Communication with Virtualization. Compact 1U short-depth (9.8") with front I/O. Compatible with VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi 5.5)
- SYS-5028D-TN4T – Advanced Mini-Tower Server for Network Security Appliance, SMB entry server/storage, dedicated Servers featuring 4 x 3.5" hot-swap SATA HDD and 2x internal 2.5" SATA HDD, 250W power supply
- MicroBlade (MBI-6218G-T41X) – 56 microservers in 6U with integrated 10GbE switches and Titanium level (96% efficiency) power supplies, optimized for hyperscale workloads in cloud environments.
For more information on Supermicro’s complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.