The State Railways of Thailand today partly resumed train services to the flood-stricken southern provinces after the damaged rail section in Bang Saphan district of Prachuap Khiri Khan was completely repaired.
However all south-bound trains from Bangkok could only run to Thung Song railway station in Nakhon Si Thammarat after all were stranded at Hua Hin and Prachuap Khiri Khan stations following the damage of the track by flashflood in Bang Saphan district early this week.
The SRT said the damaged section of the rail line between Bang Saphan Yai and Chamuang was restored back to normal last night, and south-bound train service has resumed partly.
Departure trips from Bangkok are:
1. Train No 43 (Bangkok- Surat Thani).
2. Train No 261 (Bangkok-Hua Hin.
3. Train No 171 (Bangkok-Sungai Kolok)
4. Train No 255 (Thonburi-Lang Suan).
5. Train No 251 (Thonburi-Prachuap Khiri Khan).
6. Train No 173 (Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat).
7. Train No 167 (Bangkok-Kantang)
8. Train No 83 (Bangkok-Trang)
9. Train No 85 (Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat).
10. Train No 39 (Bangkok-Surat Thani).
11. Train No 41 (Bangkok-Yala).
Arrival trips to Bangkok are:
1. Train No 252 (Prachuap Khiri Khan � Thon Buri)
2. Train No 40 (Surat Thani � Bangkok)
3. Train No 262 (Hua Hin � Bangkok)
4. Train No 254 (Lang Suan � Thon Buri)
5. Train No 174 (Nakhon Si Thammarat � Bangkok) Start from Thung Song station
6. Train No 168 (Kan Tung � Bangkok) Start from Thung Song station
7. Train No 86 (Nakhon Si Thammarat(Thung Song) � Bangkok) Start from Thung Song station
8. Train No 42 (Yala � Bangkok) Start form Surat Thani station
9. Train No 84 (Trang � Bangkok) Start from Thung Song station
10. Train No 172 (Sungai Kolok-Bangkok) Start from Thung Song station
11. Train No 38 (Sungai Kolok � Bangkok) Start from Thung Song station
Train trips still cancelled are:
1. Train No 169/170 (Bangkok-Yala-Bangkok).
2. Train No 31/32 (Bangkok-Hat Yai- Bangkok,).
3. Train No 37 (Bangkok-Sungai Kolok).
Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)