BAODING, China, July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (NYSE: YGE) (“Yingli Green Energy” or the “Company”), the largest vertically integrated photovoltaic (“PV”) module manufacturer in the world, known as “Yingli Solar,” today announced that it will supply 3 MWs of PV modules to a demonstration project for distributed generation (“DG”) in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in eastern China.
The PV modules will be installed at the Wuhan Dongxihu Bonded Logistics Center, a large-scale distribution and import-export facility located in the city’s bonded logistics zone. The project will consist of approximately 12,000 multicyrstalline Yingli Solar modules, which will be mounted on the rooftops of four separate warehouses, covering a total of 39,000 square meters. The project is expected to generate 39 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy per annum.
Construction of the project will begin in September 2014, and is expected to be completed within 5 months. Once operational, 80% of the electricity generated by the project will be used by the logistics center, and the remaining 20% will be delivered to the municipal utility grid.
“We are pleased to provide our solar modules to this important demonstration project in Hubei province,” said Mr. Liansheng Miao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Yingli Green Energy. “Institutions throughout Hubei province’s bonded logistic zone have transitioned to sustainable, low-carbon energy generation in recent years, and we are honored to once again supply an innovative PV project in this region.”
About Yingli Green Energy
Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (NYSE: YGE), known as “Yingli Solar,” is the world’s largest photovoltaic module manufacturer in terms of production capacity and shipments. Yingli Green Energy’s manufacturing covers the photovoltaic value chain from ingot casting and wafering through solar cell production and module assembly. Headquartered in Baoding, China, Yingli Green Energy has more than 20 regional subsidiaries and branch offices and has distributed more than 10,000 MW PV modules to customers worldwide. For more information. please visit www.yinglisolar.com and join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Weibo.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “future,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “target” and similar statements. Such statements are based upon management’s current expectations and current market and operating conditions, and relate to events that involve known or unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond Yingli Green Energy’s control, which may cause Yingli Green Energy’s actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Further information regarding these and other risks, uncertainties or factors is included in Yingli Green Energy’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Yingli Green Energy does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.
For further information about Yingli Green Energy, please contact:
Vice President of Corporate Communications
Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited
Tel: +86 312 8929787
In the Americas:
Head of Marketing
Yingli Green Energy Americas Inc.
Public Affairs & Public Relations Director
Yingli Green Energy International AG
Tel: +41 (0) 44 567 6143