- 959 new cases (up 7% from previous day’s overall total) of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand (MoPH), bringing the total number of cases to date to 14,646.
- Of these, 75% (10,892) have recovered, 0.5% (75) have died, and 25% (3,679) are still receiving treatment or in isolation.
No new deaths were reported today.
- The 959 laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include:
– 22 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities.
– 89 cases linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases, including Samut Sakhon (70), Bangkok (17), Samut Songkhram (1), Ubon Ratchathani (1).
– The remaining 848 cases reported today are migrant workers (760) and in the Thai population (88) who were identified in relation to the event in Samut Sakhon through contact tracing and active case finding in Samut Sakhon (844) and Bangkok (4). This brings the cumulative total in this group to 5,532 cases.
- Locally transmitted COVID-19 cases have now been reported in 63 provinces. No additional provinces reported cases today.
- The 10 provinces reporting more than 50 cumulative cases are Samut Sakhon (6,394), Bangkok (721), Chonburi (648),
Rayong (576), Samut Prakan (336), Chanthaburi (220), Nonthaburi (160), Ang Thong (110), Pathum Thani (85), and Nakhon Pathom (77).
Source: World Health Organization