Former Prime Minister’s Office minister Jakrapob Penkair hit back at the military junta, calling their latest accusation against him as completely baseless and falsehood.
Posting in his Facebook page on Monday (Dec 4) in response to the military complaint to the police accusing him of connecting with the recent discovery of a cache of war weapons in Chachoengsao province, Mr Jakrapob condemned his accusers, calling them thoughtless for making up false news against him.
He said that, for the past few years, he had been living peacefully in exile, waiting for the time when the majority of the people realize the badness of the regime.
He warned that popular rebellion was not impossible if the junta continues to rule with injustice and abuses.
On Dec 4, Col Burin Thongprapai, a legal officer of the National Council for Peace and Order, lodged complaint with the Crime Supression Division against Mr Jakrapob and four others, accusing them of connecting with the arms cache found in Chachoengsao
The colonel accused the five men of having in possession of war weapons and being members of an illegal organization.
Meanwhile, Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda said that he might propose the cabinet to lift the political ban as a New Year’s gift for politicians.
Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)