Contest will create Chinese moniker for new Helio ™ family of 64-bit True 8Core™ LTE products designed to power high-performance devices
HSINCHU, March 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — MediaTek today announced a Chinese naming contest for its new premium mobile processor family — Helio. Open to entrants from around the world, the competition will choose one creative winner to receive the grand prize of 1 million RMB (approximately US$161,000) for his or her winning submission. In addition, MediaTek will also choose five finalists, who will each receive 50,000 RMB (approximately US$8,000). Contestants can submit up to three Chinese names that best exemplify the strength, performance and innovation of the new Helio chipset family. Online submission will be accepted starting April 15th at http://www.mediatek.com/event/helio_naming and winners will be chosen in early June 2015.
Helio is MediaTek’s premium mobile processor family which integrates leading heterogeneous computing technology with advanced multimedia innovations. This new processor range consists of the Helio X, a high-specification range of chips offering extreme performance, and the Helio P, a range of premium performance chips. Helio X is focused on uncompromised multimedia performance backed by highest level mobile computing, whereas Helio P provides optimal thermal efficiency and reduction of battery size, enabling the slimmest possible smartphone form factors. Both the X and P sit in the MediaTek high-end range of SoC’s.
The first smartphone SoC offering is the Helio X10, the industry’s first True 8Core™, 2.2GHz 64-bit mobile processor, which operates ARM Cortex-A53 cores. Additional features include market-leading multimedia sub-systems that support many technologies never before possible in smartphones:
- MiraVision — A high-performance, real-time pixel processing engine which dynamically controls sharpness, contrast and color, to enhance picture quality.
- SmartScreen — An algorithm/pixel engine that compresses and enhances individual pixels, in real-time, to make the screen brighter, allowing users to experience TV-like quality using significantly less power.
- 120Hz display in mobile devices — 120Hz refresh rates will create a crisper, smoother image quality when moving a document or text around, i.e., a map.
- Super slow-motion — A camera capturing 480 frames per second (fps) for 1080p Full HD videos, with playback at 1/16 speed.
- InstantFocus — Reduces focus time by 1.5 seconds. Improves tracking to ensure you always get a clear photo and never miss a shot.
The first Helio powered smartphones will be commercially available in the second quarter of 2015.
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek is a pioneering fabless semiconductor company, and a market leader in cutting-edge Systems on Chip for wireless communications and connectivity, HDTV, DVD and Blu-ray. MediaTek created the world’s first True 8Core™ smartphone platform with LTE and our CorePilot® technology releasing the full power of multi-core mobile processors. Through MediaTek Labs, the company is creating a worldwide ecosystem in support of device creation, application development and services based around MediaTek offerings. With an emphasis on enabling technology for the masses and not the chosen, everyone can be an Everyday Genius®. MediaTek [TSE:2454] is headquartered in Taiwan and has offices worldwide. Please visit http://www.mediatek.com for more information.
MediaTek Press Office:
Kristin Taylor, MediaTek Inc.
2860 Junction Ave, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
Joey Lee, MediaTek Inc.
+886-3-567-0766 # 31602
No. 1, Dusing 1st Rd., Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu City 30078, Taiwan